The Rising Star Award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated early leadership qualities in human resources through personal performance and commitment to professional, volunteer, and educational opportunities. Rising stars are the future of the profession.
- Be a HRANS member in good standing
- Work in Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island
- Have no more than five (5) years experience in the HR Field
If selected as a recipient, nominees must:
- Consent in writing to the nomination and publication of both name and photo in connection with the HRANS HR Awards.
- Agree to complete a confidential information form that will be used to determine eligibility.
- Provide a professional biography and photo to be used for publicity purposes in relation to the awards.
- Be available to attend the Awards Event during the HRANS conference in May 2017. (Award recipients will receive a complimentary ticket to attend the awards event for themselves and one guest.)
Rising Star Criteria
- Contribution to the Workplace - Makes a positive contribution to the workplace by demonstrating initiative in applying human resources knowledge and skills, promoting the application of HR practices and the value of HR.
- Education and Professional Development - Committed to pursuing HR related education through a post-secondary institution, CHRP designation, or other professional development.
- Community Involvement - Actively involved in the community through participation in professional associations, extra-curricular activities with an HR focus, or volunteering with community organizations.
- Nominations may be for any generalist or speciality function within the human resources field.
- Awards are open to individuals in Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
- Nominations must be received within the stated nomination period.
- Self-nominations cannot be made in this category.
- Nominations must have the expressed consent of the nominee prior to submission.
- To ensure consistency among the nominations, submissions must include all components and not exceed the maximum number of pages for the nomination.
- HRANS reserves the right to check the nominee's references.
- HRANS reserves the right to confirm the accuracy of the information provided.
- HRANS may contact nominees, or nominators, for clarification of information provided.
- The panel of judges may select one or more award recipients in this category.
- The judging panel is not required to accept all nominees as award recipients.
- All recipients will be recognized at the awards celebration.
- HRANS reserves the right to not present awards in all categories each year, depending on the quality of the nominations received.
- All decisions of the panel of judges relating to the awards will be final.
Submitting a Nomination
To nominate an individual for the 2017 Rising Star Award, mail, courier, or hand deliver two (2) copies of the complete nomination package by 12:00 noon on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 to the address below. Electronic submissions will not be accepted or reviewed.
- Rising Star Award Nomination Form
- Two page Narrative Summary outlining how the nominee meets the award criteria
- Supporting Documentation as noted in the Nomination Form instructions
Forward two (2) copies of the nomination package to:
2017 HR Awards
Human Resources Association of Nova Scotia, serving NS and PEI
84 Chain Lake Drive, Suite 103
Halifax, NS B3S 1A2