This is a paid advertisement from Hill Advisory Services
For over twenty-five years Hill Advisory Services has been investigating cases of harassment and discrimination Canada wide. We train internal investigators in the same safe, reliable and respectful techniques that we use to conduct fair, thorough and effective investigations.
The Level One Course utilizes a combination of theory-based lectures and hands-on practical exercises involving group tasks and investigation scenarios with professional actors. Participants will work through a range of topics from the start to the conclusion of an investigation - from the taking of initial statements through to witness interviews to final report writing. Through an effective balance of theory and practical exercises the experienced investigators and facilitators of Hill Advisory Services present a wide array of information via lectures, handouts and participatory exercises. The areas of practical learning in Level One include:
- The legal and ethical roles and responsibilities of investigators
- Investigator questioning techniques
- What investigators require
- Preparing for the investigation and interview
- Conducting the interview
- Assessing information and evidence
- The mechanics of final report writing
- The principals of civil law as they relate to the process
- Witness statements
- Report analysis
* Please note: we offer the choice of registering for Level One only:
June 3rd, 4th, 5th, 2019
During Level Two, the majority of time in the Program is spent on interviewing witnesses; with interviews occurring throughout Level Two. Participants are guided through interviewing witnesses; developing a witness statement, obtaining witness signature for the statement and preparing questions for the witnesses. On the completion of witness interviews, participants prepare for and conduct re-direct interviews with the primary parties. The areas of practical learning in Level Two are:
- Interview Preparation
- Witness Interviews
- Statement Development and Signature
- Preparation for re-direct interviews
- Re-direct interviews
- Weighing evidence and forming conclusions
- Providing evidence to support conclusions
In Level Two we truly take it to the next level. There are more interviews, but we will advance the conversation to explore the Art of interviewing, the subtleties, not just the basics. The Level Two program focuses intensely on the immediate feedback of our experienced facilitator. Study materials are provided to each participant prior to the Level Two program.
*Please note: Clients who have attended Level One in the past are welcome to join Level Two only.
Charlottetown Inn & Conference Centre
238 Grafton Street, Charlottetown, PE C1A 1L5
• To register please contact Sheri Swain: email@example.com
Or phone: 204-831-7661
• Online registration is available at: http://hilladvisory.com/charlottetown-workshop/
• Seating is limited. Early registration is suggested.
Level One: $1,150.00 + HST
Level One and Two: $2,150.00 + HST
If you have already attended Level One join us for Level Two! Contact us for details.
In-house quotations are available upon request.
This is a paid advertisement. CPHR Nova Scotia is not responsible for the content or claims of, nor does it provide endorsement for the advertisers, products, or services contained above.