If you register for an exam and an unforeseen circumstance prevents you from writing on that date, the following policy applies:
- The exam fee is non-refundable if you cancel your registration less than 60 days before the exam date.
- Deferrals must be received 12 business days before the exam date. You must complete the online deferral request with payment by the deferral deadline (for the June 2019 exam, deferral request with payment must be received by 12:00 noon Halifax time on Wednesday, May 15, 2019).
- Deferrals incur a fee of $125 (plus HST). In certain extenuating circumstances (such as death in the family) the $125 deferral fee may be waived. Supporting documentation will be required and must be submitted with the deferral request. We will make that determination and notify you.
- Deferrals 12 business days or less prior to the exam are considered to be no-shows and the full exam fee will be forfeited unless there is verified proof of extenuating circumstances such as death in the immediate family.
- A maximum of 2 deferrals per exam are possible.
- If you defer to a future sitting and then cancel your registration any time prior to that sitting, you will forfeit your initial exam fee plus any deferral fee paid.
- If you do not show up on exam day the full exam fee is forfeited.
Important note: Exam deferrals are only processed upon receipt of the completed online deferral registration request and payment. Please click on the link below to access the page to apply for the deferral. You must be logged in to your member profile in order to access the link.
November 2018 Deferral Form Request (this link will be made live after registration closes for the June 2019 exam)