Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Register
Moving or Using CPHR in Two Provinces
Share |

Moving to Another Province or Want to Use CPHR in more than One Province



The CPHR is a nationally recognized designation however is granted provincially. This means CPHR holders may be able to hold the CPHR in more than one association and/or may apply to have their CPHR recognized in a province they move to.  The recognition of the CPHR in another province is not automatic.*  

To initiate the process, complete the steps below. This does not cover application for membership in the other provincial association. That is done separately directly with that association. Membership dues are not transferrable and non-refundable. This applies to CPHR status ONLY.

Since the CPHR is granted and maintained in one province, if a CPHR holder moves to another province or wishes to use the CPHR in another province, they must apply to have their CPHR designation (or candidate status) recognized in the other province. Recognition applications are administered by the provincial associations involved.


To initiate the process, please complete your transfer processing fee payment online and then submit a completed Recognition/Transfer Form to us.  

The processing fee is $95 plus HST.


Multiple Recognition:  If you intend to also remain a member here (i.e. are not moving to the other province but are working in the other province and using the CPHR), all requirements for Continuing Professional Development would follow our process as your primary location of the CPHR.  If this applies to you, please advise when you submit your form to us.  You are still required to pay the processing fee.


Relocation Form for CPHR Status (fillable PDF) 


*In some provinces, HR is legislated and as such may require additional qualifications.


Note: if you have not yet passed the NKE or do not hold the CPHR with a CPHR Canada Member Association, this page does not apply to you.  If pursuing CPHR for the first time, you should pursue the certification in the province in which you work.


Moving to Nova Scotia from Another Province?

If you already hold the CPHR in another province, there are two steps to joining CPHR Nova Scotia and also to having your credentials recognized here.  1.  Apply for membership with us.  2. Contact your current association and have them send us a confirmation of good standing form directly that outlines what credentials you currently hold with that association.

Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Nova Scotia
84 Chain Lake Drive, Suite 103 / Halifax, NS / B3S 1A2
Telephone: (902) 446-3660/ Toll Free: 1 (888) 678-3805 / Fax: (902) 446-3677