CPHR Canada requires that persons holding the CPHR designation or Certification Candidate Status must maintain membership in the association responsible for CPHR certification in their province of residence.
Transfer out of Nova Scotia
CPHR Nova Scotia members holding the CPHR designation or the Certification Candidate Status relocating to another province are required to transfer their designation or status to the provincial Human Resources association responsible for CPHR certification in their new province of residence. You must be a member in good standing with CPHR Nova Scotia in order to transfer your designation or status to another province. This means members are up to date with membership fees and have no violations against them. Members are responsible to obtain membership in the new association; provincial membership is not transferable.
- When a CPHR Nova Scotia member holding the CPHR or CPHR Candidate designation resides in another province for less than one year, transfer of their designation is not required.
- When a CPHR Nova Socita member holding the CPHR or CPHR Candidate designation resides outside of Canada.
Transfer Out Process:
- Log in to your member profile and click on CPHR Transfer Fee ($95) via our Online Store
- Complete the Confirmation of Good Standing Form
- Email Confirmation of Good Standing form to email@example.com
- CPHR Nova Scotia will forward the form to the new association
- Receiving association will complete the CPHR designee’s enrollment as a professional member in their province.
Canadian HR Associations
Transfers to Ontario
For CPHRs and CPHR Candidates transferring to Ontario, transferability is assessed on a case-by-case analysis. Please contact the HRPA Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your individual circumstances. If transferring to Ontario you will be required to complete a CPHR Nova Scotia transfer and the HRPA Certificate of Standing.
Transfer in to Nova Scotia
Persons holding the CPHR designation or Certification Candidate Status that move into the province of Nova Scotia are required to apply for membership, concurrent to the transfer of their designation or Certification Candidate Status from their former provincial association. Your provincial HR association membership is non transferable. Please note that any lapse in membership longer than 60 days between the expiry of a former provincial membership and granting of membership in the may result in the revocation of the transferee’s designation or Certification Candidate Status.