Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In | Register
Degree Requirement
Share |

An important part of our mission is to ensure current and future members are well prepared to meet the needs of business. And, the needs of business are changing. Employers, in Canada and internationally, expect HR practitioners to have a college or university degree.

After you have passed the National Knowledge Exam® (NKE), you are required to submit proof that you hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Canadian college or university or the equivalent from a non-Canadian institution.

If you received your degree within Canada, you will need to contact the university's registrar and have your transcript sent directly (by mail or courier only) to us at 84 Chain Lake Drive Suite 103, Halifax, NS B3S 1A2.

It is recommended that you make contact with the university as soon as possible as it may take 3-4 weeks to receive the official transcripts. Transcripts must be received by us by the transcript due date noted in conjunction with the submission period for the Experience Assessment applications.

If your degree is from outside Canada, you will need to have a basic report completed by either of the following:

If you earned the CPHR designation prior to the degree requirement, you do not need a degree unless you fail to maintain the designation.

Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Nova Scotia
84 Chain Lake Drive, Suite 103 / Halifax, NS / B3S 1A2
Telephone: (902) 446-3660/ Toll Free: 1 (888) 678-3805 / Fax: (902) 446-3677