The HR Award of Excellence recognizes exemplary HR professionals who demonstrate leadership in the HR profession and their organization through strong HR practices and innovative programs leading to the achievement of business results.
- Be a CPHR Nova Scotia member in good standing
- Work in Nova Scotia
If selected as a recipient, nominees must:
- Consent in writing to the nomination and publication of both name and photo in connection with the CPHR Nova Scotia HR Awards.
- Agree to complete a confidential information form that will be used to determine eligibility.
- Provide a professional biography and photo to be used for publicity purposes in relation to the awards.
- Be available to attend the Awards Event during the CPHR Nova Scotia Conference in 2020 (Award recipients will receive a complimentary ticket to attend the awards event for themselves and one guest.)
HR Award of Excellence Criteria
- Leadership and Organizational Impact - Demonstrates leadership and vision within their organization that motivates others and affects positive change contributing to business results.
- Strategist - Champions change to influence strategic alignment and continuous improvement for the organization.
- Commitment to the HR Profession - Contributes to the promotion and advancement of the HR profession through involvement in the community, in their professional association (CPHR Nova Scotia), shares their knowledge and experience with other professionals, and is committed to their own professional development and growth.
- Ethics and Integrity - Role models professional values and ethical practice.
- Nominations may be for any generalist or specialty function within the human resources field.
- Awards are open to individuals in Nova Scotia.
- Nominations must be received within the stated nomination period.
- Self-nominations cannot be made in this category.
- Nominations must have the expressed consent of the nominee prior to submission.
- To ensure consistency among the nominations, submissions must include all components and not exceed maximum number of pages for the nomination.
- CPHR Nova Scotia reserves the right to check the nominee's references.
- CPHR Nova Scotia reserves the right to confirm the accuracy of the information provided.
- CPHR Nova Scotia may contact nominees, or nominators, for clarification of information provided.
- The panel of judges may select one or more recipients in this category.
- The judging panel is not required to accept all nominees as award recipients.
- All recipients will be recognized at the awards celebration.
- CPHR Nova Scotia reserves the right to not present awards in all categories each year, depending on the quality of the nominations received.
- All decisions of the panel of judges relating to the awards will be final.
Submitting a Nomination
To nominate an individual for the 2019 HR Award of Excellence, email, mail, courier, or hand deliver two (2) copies of the complete nomination package. The deadline for submission is 12:00 noon on Friday, November 15, 2019.
- HR Award of Excellence Nomination Form
- Two page Narrative Summary outlining how the nominee meets the award criteria
- Supporting Documentation as noted in the Nomination Form instructions
Forward two (2) copies of the nomination package to:
2019 HR Awards
Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Nova Scotia
84 Chain Lake Drive, Suite 103
Halifax, NS B3S 1A2