The HR Team of the Year Award recognizes a team who played a key role in driving the performance and reputation of an organization, are catalysts for organization-wide change, and serve as trusted advisors on organizational strategy.
- have a minimum of 50% of the team as CPHR Nova Scotia members in good standing
- at least 50% of the team members Work in Nova Scotia
If selected as a recipient, nominees must:
- Consent in writing to the nomination and publication of both name and photo in connection with the CPHR Nova Scotia HR Awards.
- Agree to complete a confidential information form that will be used to determine eligibility.
- Provide a professional biography and photo to be used for publicity purposes in relation to the awards.
- Be available to attend the Awards Event during the CPHR Nova Scotia conference in 2020. (Award recipients will receive complimentary tickets for the team to attend the awards event for themselves.)
HR Team of the Year Criteria
- Provides strategic alignment of HR functions with corporate strategy, and can envision the big picture
- Creates and implements innovative solutions
- Has the ability to execute
- Results oriented - someone who gets things done
- Ability to influence change
- Plays a key role in driving the performance and reputation of an organization
- Nominations must be received within the stated nomination period.
- Self-nominations can be made in this category.
- Nominations must have the expressed consent of the nominee prior to submission.
- To ensure consistency among the nominations, submissions must include all components and not exceed the maximum number of pages for the nomination.
- CPHR Nova Scotia reserves the right to check the nominee's references.
- CPHR Nova Scotia reserves the right to confirm the accuracy of the information provided.
- CPHR Nova Scotia may contact nominees, or nominators, for clarification of information provided.
- The panel of judges may select one or more award recipients in this category.
- The judging panel is not required to accept all nominees as award recipients.
- All recipients will be recognized at the awards celebration.
- CPHR Nova Scotia reserves the right to not present awards in all categories each year, depending on the quality of the nominations received.
- All decisions of the panel of judges relating to the awards will be final.
Submitting a Nomination
To nominate an individual for the 2019 Rising Star Award, email, mail, courier, or hand deliver two (2) copies of the complete nomination package. The deadline for submission is 12:00 noon on Friday, November 15, 2019.
- HR Team of the Year Award Nomination Form
- Two page Narrative Summary outlining how the nominee meets the award criteria
- Supporting Documentation as noted in the Nomination Form instructions
Forward two (2) copies of the nomination package to:
2019 HR Awards
Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Nova Scotia
84 Chain Lake Drive, Suite 103
Halifax, NS B3S 1A2